15 days til …
Here are some gift suggestions for the entrepreneur in your life.
1. “Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us” by Daniel Pink – This New York Times best seller is a must for any entrepreneur. It discusses the things that motivate us to succeed and perform at our highest capacity. Starting at $10.88 at Amazon.com
2. The complete works of Guy Kawasaki – There are numerous books by Kawasaki that are fun and easy reads, and also really inexpensive. “The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything” is a great starter book. It explains the requirements for entrepreneurs to take action with their business ideas. Starting at $18.45 at Amazon.com
3. “Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist” by Brad Feld – A quick and invaluable reference for all entrepreneurs, especially in connection with understanding the art of the term sheet. Starting at $32.97 at Amazon.com.
4. “The Blue Ocean Strategy” by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne – Read about how Cirque du Soleil became successful by diving into a market that had no competitors – the blue ocean. This book is a great resource for helping entrepreneurs identify their target market. Starting at $19.77 at Amazon.com
5. “Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die” by Chip Heath and Dan Heath – A great book to help entrepreneurs understand the importance of communicating their business ideas with others so that they are memorable. Starting at $15.72 at Amazon.com
Other Gift Suggestions
Idea Paint/Dry Erase Paint or Chalkboard Paint – Enables the entrepreneur to paint a wall in their home to make it into a dry erase board (Idea Paint) or a working chalkboard (Chalkboard Paint). No more searching for paper when you have a great business idea. Available at Amazon.com in the Office Products Category
Pizza Hut Gift Card – Pizza is always a great gift for the entrepreneur that works overtime building their business, but still needs nourishment to keep them going. Also a great gift for the entrepreneur that’s too busy to go grocery shopping. Available at Amazon.com in the Gift Cards Category
Be a customer or deliver a customer from your network. Priceless
Recommend a successful mentor so the entrepreneur doesn’t reinvent the wheel. Priceless